The amendment introduces further solutions to simplify and accelerate VAT settlements.
The Ministry of Finance has so far introduced two packages designed to simplify VAT settlements, namely SLIM VAT 1 and SLIM VAT 2.
The new third edition of SLIM VAT 3:
- increases the sales value limit for small taxpayers from EUR 1.2 million to EUR 2.0 million;
- clarifies the moment of showing an intra-Community supply of goods with a 0% rate in declaration corrections - in the event of receiving documents late;
- excludes the obligation to hold an invoice for intra-Community acquisition of goods (WNT) when deducting input VAT on this account;
- simplifies the conversion of exchange rates in correcting invoices, inter alia by introducing the possibility to use a single exchange rate for cumulative invoices in the negative from the day preceding the day of issuing the correction;
- changes to Binding Tariff Information - binding the content of the Binding Tariff Information to the entity that applied for it, elimination of the fee for the application for its issuance;
- amendment to the rules for imposing VAT sanctions, abolition of automatism in imposing sanctions as regards their amount;
- removal of the necessity to make an annual adjustment of input VAT if the final sales ratio is lower and differs by no more than 2 percentage points from the preliminary ratio;
- an increase in the threshold for accepting a ratio of 100 per cent where it exceeds 98 per cent - the limit will be raised from PLN 500 to PLN 10,000.
- extension of the possibility to dispose of funds in a VAT account;
- simplification of the application of the split payment for factoring by introducing an additional way of discharging joint and several liability in case of a change of factor.
- removes the obligation to print fiscal reports and non-fiscal documents from online cash registers (including virtual ones).
- defines the way of correcting transactions settled under the OSS and IOSS when the taxpayer no longer uses the procedures introduced by the so-called e-commerce package;
- clarifies the application of the rules on chain supplies to supplies made using an electronic interface.
The full text of the Act can be consulted at this link.