What quantities of Controlled Substances and F-Gases contained in air conditioners and refrigerators are subject to being reported?
- Controlled Substances - if there are more than 3 kg of controlled substances in the air conditioner, the Operator (owner) is required to register with the CRO and prepare an Equipment Card. Examples of controlled substances in air conditioners are CFCl3 (Trichlorofluoromethane), Halon-1211 (Bromochlorodifluoromethane), CTC (Tetrachloromethane).
- The F-Gases - the obligation to prepare an equipment card arises in the case of at least 5 tons of CO2 equivalent of fluorinated greenhouse gases. Each fluorinated greenhouse gas has a different GWP (Global Warming Potential) and the amount of CO2 equivalent is calculated based on that.
Examples of refrigerant quantities that make up 5 tons of CO2 equivalent:
- R404A - 1.25 kg
- R32 - 7.41 kg
- R407C - 2.82 kg
- R410A - 2.39 kg
- R422D - 1.83 kg
- R426A - 3,32 kg
What is the deadline for preparing an Equipment Card?
Pursuant to Article 14 (4) of the Law on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer and Certain Fluorinated Greenhouse Gases (u.s.z.w.o. Law), issued on May 15, 2015, the Equipment Card must be prepared within 15 working days from the date of delivery of the equipment to the operation site. If the equipment requires installation - within 15 working days from the date the installation was completed and filled with the controlled substance or fluorinated greenhouse gas.
What are the penalties for failing to comply?
- Failure to prepare the Equipment Card on time is punishable by an administrative fine of PLN 600 - 4500.
- Failure to ensure timely recording of the Equipment Card may result in an administrative fine in the amount of PLN 600-4500.
- Failure to ensure the performance of leakage checks referred to in Article 4 of Regulation (EU) No 517/2014, or failure to comply with the inspection requirements referred to in Regulation (EC) No 1516/2007, is punishable by an administrative fine of 4,000 - 15,000 PLN.
At KR Group we analyse the individual air conditioner and refrigerant based on documentation provided by the client. We help with CRO registration, creating an Equipment Card, and keeping track of leakage inspection dates.